YouTube is a powerful platform that can be used for lead generation across larger and smaller markets. In fact, it’s one of the most effective platforms out there. However, many businesses don’t know how to use YouTube for local lead generation. As a result, they miss out on a lot of potential leads.
If you want to boost your Local Lead Generation and are thinking about leveraging Youtube to do it, read on.
What Is Local Lead Generation?
Local lead generation is the process of finding and attracting customers who are interested in what you have to offer and live in close proximity to your business.
In the past, local businesses relied on word-of-mouth marketing and print advertising to reach their target audience. But with the rise of digital marketing, there are now more opportunities than ever to connect with local leads online.
Starting Local Lead Generation On Youtube
Generating new leads can be a tough nut to crack—especially if you’re just starting out in the world of online marketing. You might have a great product or service, but without leads, you won’t get very far.
If you’re looking for ways to jumpstart your local lead generation, YouTube should be one of your go-to channels. YouTube has billions of active users—and a good chunk of them are ready and willing to buy what you’re selling.
Here are some statistics that show just how important it is for businesses to have a presence on YouTube:
- YouTube has over 2 billion active users—that’s almost one-third of the internet
- People watch over 1 billion hours of YouTube videos every day
- YouTube is the second most popular website in the world, after Google
- The average YouTube user spends around 40 minutes watching videos on the platform every day
- More than 500 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute
These numbers show that if you want to reach a large audience of potential leads, YouTube is the place to be. So if you can create engaging and informative videos, you’ll have a good chance of attracting leads who are ready to buy what you’re selling.
Create a Strong Local Lead Generation Channel On Youtube
Your channel trailer is like an elevator pitch for your business. It’s a short video (usually around 30 seconds) that introduces viewers to your brand and tells them what they can expect from your channel.
Think of your channel trailer as an opportunity to make a good first impression. So take some time to really think about what you want your leads to think. You only have one shot to impress, and they can click away instantly.
How To Do Local Lead Generation on Youtube?
You can use YouTube to reach a wider, but still local, audience with your message and promote your brand or product.
1. Make sure your local targeted video is high quality. People want to watch videos that look professional and are well made. If your local video looks like it was put together quickly, people will likely move on to another video. Spend some time creating a quality locally targeting video that represents your business well.
2. Optimize your video for local search. Include keywords in the title and description of your video that relate to your business and location. This will help people find your video when they are searching for something locally related to your business.
3. Promote your video. Once you have created a quality video, make sure to promote it locally through your other marketing channels. Share it on social media, email it to your list, and embed it on your website. The more people who see your video, the more likely you are to generate local leads from it.
4. Follow up with leads. Once someone watches your video and expresses interest in your business, follow up with them! Send them an email or give them a call to learn more about their needs and how you can help them.
More Local Lead Generation Tips
1. Use Keywords in Your Videos
If you want your videos to be found by potential leads, then you need to use keywords. When potential leads search for something on YouTube, they use keywords.
If you use those same keywords in your videos, then your videos will come up in the search results. As a result, you’ll get more views and potential leads. To find the right keywords to use, you can use Google AdWords Keyword Planner. This tool will show you the most popular keywords that people are searching for.
2. Optimize Your Thumbnails
Your video thumbnail is what appears in the search results. It’s basically like a mini poster for your video.
As such, you want to make sure that your thumbnail is optimized. The goal is to make it as eye-catching and relevant as possible. Your thumbnail should be high-quality and it should accurately represent the content of your video.
3. Create Engaging Videos
If you want people to watch your videos, then you need to make them engaging. No one wants to watch a boring video.
Your videos should be entertaining, informative, and relevant to your target audience.
4. Use Annotations and Cards
YouTube allows you to add annotations and cards to your videos. These can be used to promote your website or product.
Annotations are little pop-ups that appear in your videos. They can include links, call-to-actions, or other information.Cards are similar to annotations, but they’re less obtrusive. They appear as small icons that people can click on to get more information.
5. Use an End Screen
An end screen is a special feature that appears at the end of your video. It allows you to promote other videos or channels.
You can use an end screen to promote your website or product. You can also use it to promote other videos that you think your viewers will enjoy.
If you want to boost your Local Lead Generation, you should be leveraging Youtube to do it.