Cold calling with a cold calling company has always had a bittersweet reputation. It’s an opportunity to get people on the phone, but since it’s a spontaneous conversation with b2b cold calling services, it doesn’t always end in a new customer.
By definition, cold calling is a type of telemarketing technique involving an unsolicited telephone call to people who have never expressed interest in your product or service. According to Investopedia, cold calling is one of the most common forms of marketing, and it’s also one of the oldest with no signs of dying out.
While cold calling with a cold calling company can be successful, it also involves a lot of defeat. As Adam Hayes of Investopedia wrote, a thick skin and constant attention to the market are key to a successful cold call:
“Successful cold-call salespersons should be persistent and willing to endure repeated rejection. To be successful, they should adequately prepare by researching the demographics of their prospects and the market. Consequently, professions who rely heavily on cold calling typically have a high attrition rate.”
Are you interested in adding cold calling with a cold calling company to your marketing strategy? Are your salespeople ready to take the plunge and engage in spontaneous prospecting and outsource cold calling? Now, you need to decide whether you should work with a team in-house or hire B2B cold calling services.
Let’s take a closer look at the advantages of in-house vs cold calling as a service.
In-House Cold Calling
If you want to add in-house cold calling to your marketing strategy, here are some of the benefits of doing so:
- Allows you to maintain control of the sales pitch and cold calling script. Outsourcing a team of highly-trained cold callers means they have a lot of experience under their belt. They may have a specific sales pitch or script they like to follow, or they might have suggestions on how you can improve yours.
This isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but it can make you feel like the strategy is out of your hands. Hiring an in-house team allows you to start from scratch and do things the way you prefer.
- Fixed cost efficiency. If you prefer planned budgeting over estimated costs, an in-house cold calling team may be the better option for you. In-house employees work under salary, while freelancers and service providers work under contract at their own curated rate.
- Reduced risk across the board. At the end of the day, your business decisions need to directly reflect your wants and needs for your company. Assessing your risks is essential, and hiring freelancers or a telemarketing service provider may come with more risk. For example,
“You have more control over full-time employees than contractors and freelancers, because they’re committed primarily to you and your company,” Hunter Hoffmann, vice president of creative and brand marketing at AmTrust Financial Services shared with Business News Daily. “You’re able to clearly set priorities, establish acceptable workplace behavior and, hopefully, get them to commit to not only their success, but the company’s as well.”
- More opportunities for collaboration. Working on a sales pitch or script with your own employees can make it easier to go over feedback, collaborate, and make adjustments to the cold calling strategy.
While there are many pros that come with hiring a team of in-house cold callers, there are downfalls to creating your own call center and building a team of call center agents. It’s a major investment in the beginning, as you build your team, implement software, and train everyone up to speed.
Cold Calling As A Service
There are many advantages to handing off your cold calling to a service provider or cold calling company.
- Access to highly trained sales reps. When you hire a cold calling service provider, you gain access to regional sales professionals with years of experience and training under their belts. A cold calling company will often have its own CRM included.
- A fresh perspective. Hiring an in-house team for cold calling may seem like the best option - they already have company knowledge that can be useful to share on a sales call. But these same people can fall into a creative rut if they’re selling the same thing day in and day out.
An outsourced cold calling service provider can provide a fresh perspective to your sales pitch. It could be the missing piece of the puzzle you’ve been searching for.
- Scalability. Hiring a B2B sales agency for cold calling services instead of building a team from scratch automatically gives you access to more resources. When you hire a provider for cold calling as a service, you can reach more people in less time. This creates greater efficiency across the board.
Work with SalesHive for the Best Cold Calling Services
Are you ready to outsource cold calling with a cold calling company, but you’re not sure where to get started? We have U.S.-based remote cold callers who can take care of all of your B2B cold calling and ensure your sales prospect calendar is full throughout the year.
To ensure you feel comfortable and confident with our services, we’ve created a list of standards that we must meet during every cold call.
- All lists are validated. Once we build a list of potential prospects, we do our due diligence to confirm their contact information without software.
- We take training very seriously. All of our cold callers must complete a 3rd-party training designed by our partners at ClozeLoop to grow their skills and knowledge regarding best practices for B2B sales development.
- Quality assurance evaluations happen regularly. The Quality Assurance team is constantly monitoring call recordings and providing feedback to callers. This allows our cold callers to understand where they are succeeding and how they can improve.
- Access call recordings at any time. Log into your account and you can listen to all previous recordings.
Our callers make 10x the amount of dials that the average sales development representative can make. Our best reps are seeing a 9.5 percent conversion rate. In comparison to other cold calling companies, our successes and strategies are unmatched.
Are you ready to learn more about why you should consider SalesHive remote sales reps for cold calling? Contact us today to learn more or to schedule your call.